Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Give me a lift, will ya?

Ken finished the cedar colored porch ceiling this morning and I added navy trim.  The rest of the day was spent on the lift with Tommy.  We painted trim, took water breaks and smoke breaks and told some jokes.   He really is a lot of fun...best of all this thing he drives eliminates the need for a ladder.

It took quite a while to get the first gable right.  I painted with Tommy most of the morning and then Ken took my place. As soon as I bailed out of the cabin and went inside there was an extreme noise and the sound of a breaking window.  Jim will pay for the window replacement, and I will have a lot of fun reminding them that as soon as I left the cockpit something disastrous happened.

shot through the upstairs window, now in a bazillion pieces
can you see the color?  it's there...
This is what a rough draft looks like, children.  Maybe it will get edited and spiced up at some point.

2 comments:

  1. what a beauty!!! i didn't know you were going to decorate the upper eaves and windows.....a real painted lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, what an adventure you are having:) She is going to be the queen of Clinton. Can't wait to see her

    ReplyDelete